These are the rules that all users on this wiki, including the admins, must abide by. Punishments for breaking the wiki's rules are decided on a case-by-case basis, depending on the severity of the offense and any previous violations.
In accordance to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), users under the age of 13 are not allowed to edit on the wiki. If a user is revealed to be underage, please report it to an administrator with evidence. An underage user will be blocked until they are of legal age to contribute (13 or older).
- Vandalism, trolling, spamming, discriminative, and not safe for work (NSFW) content are all strictly prohibited.
- Discriminative content includes: hatespeech, ethnic slurs, or any hateful action directed towards people based on their orientation, gender, race, etc.
- Not safe for work (NSFW) content includes: sexual or explicit content; generally anything that would be disallowed in a school or workplace.
- NSFW discussion can be had if its done in the context of science, such as human anatomy. Keep in mind that admins are allowed to shut down these conversations at any time.
- As a basic precaution, unless an edit is blatant vandalism, please assume the edits a user makes are in good faith.
- If you notice a vandal has been vandalising multiple wikis across FANDOM, consider reporting it to the SOAP (Spam Obliteration and Prevention).
- Please be respectful and civil to other users.:
- Do not disrespect, offend, threaten, insult, or argue with other users.
- Please keep conversations and messages appropriate.
- This also include sensitive and controversial topics.
- Spamming is not allowed.
- If you wish to have a discussion with another user over conflicting view-points, please keep it a civil debate. Admins are allowed to end these discussions at any time if they start to get out of hand.
- No swearing. Leniency may be given for this rule in the future, but as of now, any kind of swear word (other than crap and lmao) is disallowed on this wiki, even if it is censored or shortened in any way. An exception for this is Samuel Mundy's page, which has the quote "Wave goodbye to your head, wanker!", the only explicit swear word in the Henry Stickmin games.
- Listen to the staff. If a staff member asks you to stop doing something that is considered harmful or disruptive, please do so.
- No hacking. Don't use hacking of any type, not even for something little. If it is about editing a protected page, message staff.
- Piracy: Do not discuss piracy of any video games, including The Henry Stickmin Collection and other games published by Innersloth. If you get caught doing so will result you a permanent ban from the wiki.
- No use of sockpuppet accounts: A sockpuppet account is when a user uses an ALT account to get past/protest a ban, or create an alibi. Any sockpuppet accounts that are caught will be permanently banned. If you want to discuss an unfair ban, talk to another admin about it.
- No dodging warnings: You are allowed to delete messages in your message wall in the case they are rude, off-topic or violate the rules of your message wall. However, you are not allowed to use this to your own advantage and attempt to dodge warnings by deleting the warnings messages. Doing so twice will result in a two week block.
Rules for Articles & Images
- Stick to the topic of this wiki: Only create articles about topics related to the Henry Stickmin games. Also don't upload images that have nothing to do with the games. For talk pages, refrain from talking about unrelated topics. Any off-topic articles and images will be deleted. Repeatedly creating off-topic articles can result in a ban from this wiki.
- Articles are for canon: The article spaces are only for canon facts and material. If you wish to display your own fan-art or fan-made material, please do so on your own blog space, user page and discussion post. Speculations and fan theories should likewise be kept to your own blog space or the discussion pages. Also, do not link to your fan-works from the articles.
- Layout: we encourage users to follow specific layouts from specific pre-existing pages done by other users.
- Do not add false information. It can mislead others, and this is supposed to be a legit and serious wiki.
- No duplicate content: Check to make sure that you are not creating a page that already exists or is identical to another, or upload an image we already have. Duplicate pages and images will be deleted.
- When editing, do not make something centered around your opinion.
- No unnecessary editing: Unnecessary editing is classified as making edits that make no contribution to the page whatsoever, often only done to gain credit and badges. This is not allowed. These edits are:
- Rewording sentences for no genuine reason
- Taking periods off sentences and putting them back on
- Taking off information and then putting it back on
- Adding the same information in different ways
- No irrelevant categories: do not add irrelevant or unnecessary categories into pages.
- In general; a category that can at best only cover 3 or less articles is considered unnecessary.
- If you find that a user has added irrelevant or unnecessary categories into pages, please remove them.
- If an admin removes a category that you have added to a page, do not revert the edit as this has been done either for the reason stated above or for another reason.
- Edits should be constructive and have a certain level of effort.
- No edit farming: Anyone who spams edits and pictures to get credit will be banned.
- No images or gifs without mouse cursors.: This looks unprofessional.
- Users are free to customize their profiles as they see fit, as long as the content doesn’t conflict with the rules on this page.
- Do not edit another user’s profile without their permission!. It is considered rude.
- The only time it is acceptable to edit another user’s profile is to undo vandalism, or to remove content that violates the rules stated on this page.
These are the rules made specifically for the wiki's staff. If a staff member breaks any of these rules, please report it to the bureaucrat or a trusted admin, with evidence, so the situation may be taken care of.
- Admins are not to abuse their powers in any way. Their actions should only be to benefit the wiki and not themselves. Administrators are in no way above normal users on the wiki, and are simply users entrusted with powerful editing tools. If an admin is caught abusing their powers, they will be demoted and potentially blocked depending on the severity of the situation.
- Any staff member is eligible for demotion if they are inactive for a long enough period of time. There is no set date for how long a staff member can stay inactive before being automatically demoted due to the circumstances. The amount of time it takes will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Admins should assume good faith from users. If a user makes a mistake, assume that they are trying to help the wiki. More can be learned here.