Right Hand Man
|Hat type||Large-brimmed Arched Black Top Hat|
|Color||Hair: Red (Flash)
Shoe Color: Gray (Cyborg, Flash)
Light Brown (Remastered)
|Cause of Death||Determinant:
|Voiced by||Marcus Bromander|
You've gotta be pretty tired of waking up like this. That's right! It's me. Bet you thought you took me out. Well, nobody gets away from the Toppat Clan. As soon as we got into orbit I made sure to go down and capture you. Now, enjoy your stay.
|― Right Hand Man to Henry|
The Right Hand Man is a high-ranking and powerful member of the Toppat Clan and also Reginald Copperbottom's second-in-command, and is extremely loyal to the Toppat Clan. Despite not being the leader in most pathways, he's stronger and braver than Reginald, almost never showing any fear.
After Henry arrives on the Airship and the Right Hand Man confronts him, he gets defeated and left in a bad shape. In the endings where this happens, he is either the new leader of the Toppat Clan following Reginald's arrest, or second-in-command of either Reginald or Henry Stickmin once again, transformed into a cyborg with powerful abilities.
- 1 Roles
- 2 Profile
- 3 Infiltrating the Airship
- 4 Completing the Mission
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Bios
- 8 Killed Victims
- 9 Quotes
- 9.1 Infiltrating the Airship
- 9.2 Completing the Mission
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Other
- 12 Trivia
- 13 References
The Right Hand Man is a major antagonist in the Henry Stickmin Series, appearing as the secondary antagonist of Infiltrating the Airship, and the central antagonist of Completing the Mission. He is also the optional archenemy of the titular protagonist, Henry. According to his bio, nobody knows his real name.
In Infiltrating the Airship he appears as the secondary antagonist of all pathways and the central antagonist of Government Supported Private Investigator. In Completing the Mission he appears as the main antagonist of Free Man, Master Bounty Hunter and Capital Gains, the secondary antagonist of Stickmin Space Resort and Revenged, the tertiary antagonist of Jewel Baron, Pardoned Pals and Toppat Civil Warfare, an unseen but major antagonist in Little Nest Egg, the tetartagonist in Toppat Recruits and Toppat King, and the tritagonist of Toppat 4 Life.
The Right Hand Man is one of the most popular and well-known characters in the series, with series creator Marcus Bromander citing him as his favourite character.
He wears a top hat, just like any other Toppat member, but his is noticeably bigger. He wears black shoes and a bright red mustache. In the remaster, his hair color is eventually turned into a lush tangerine-orange shade, which is more of a natural red compared to the alternate unnatural color.
In his Reborn cyborg form, both of his legs have been replaced by robotic legs and cybernetic enhancements were made to both his right arm and left eye. Half his skull is now metal, with a robotic eye that can shoot lasers. He is also able to transmute his limbs into whatever is suited to his needs of the situation, such as turning his legs into jet propellers and his arms into swords.
Aww, now that's cute.
|― The Right Hand Man when Henry kicks his leg in a fail|
The Right Hand Man doesn't really show much personality outside of being a loyal Toppat and a determinant hatred for Henry. His loyalty to the Toppat Clan is so great that even when Henry rewires him as a cyborg, he will still refuse to help him after some convincing from a fellow Toppat member.
As opposed to Reginald's role as the second in command for Henry, in the pathways Henry becomes the Toppat Leader, the Right Hand Man displays unwavering loyalty to Reginald. Unlike Reginald would to Henry, the Right Hand Man doesn't take opportunities to betray Reginald and even protects him.
In Infiltrating the Airship, when Henry chooses to directly attack with a cannonball to capture Reginald, the Right Hand Man protects him twice by dealing with Henry while he escapes. The first time is when he urges Reginald to escape while he holds off Henry (although this didn't work), and the second is when he intercepts Henry after he reaches a platform of the airship, once again protecting Reginald by fighting Henry and eventually getting defeated and needing cybernetic replacement parts. In the Toppat Civil Warfare pathway when Henry throws Reginald off the ship, the Right Hand Man quickly blasts off to rescue the former leader from plunging to his death, leaving Ellie Rose to deal with Henry (he ends up getting killed as the escape pod Henry and his loyalists are in crashes into him and Reginald).
The Right Hand Man also appears to be loyal to Reginald as a person as much as he is to him as a follower: in the Toppat Civil Warfare pathway, he aids Reginald in overthrowing Henry even though the latter is their current leader by imprisoning those loyal to him.
However, if Henry is the Toppat Leader, the Right Hand Man obeys him and perhaps even respects him, though whether he does to the extent he did with Reginald remains debatable. For example, in the Toppat 4 Life ending after Henry returns to the base with a tank and news of the government aborting their raid on the rocket, he agrees with Reginald in Henry's leadership being beneficial to the clan, indicating a sign of respect. He works effectively with Henry during the Toppat King pathway as well in using his cyborg powers to aid Henry in taking down the government forces. In pathways that have Stickmin as the leader (save for Toppat Civil Warfare), he appears to harbour no grudge against him for defeating him before and resulting in his cyborg appearance, although he would normally go after Henry in the Free Man and Master Bounty Hunter pathways for this reason. He also does not appear to attempt to betray Henry on his own will, unless Reginald does, despite being able to take over the Toppat clan with ease (how easy he killed Henry is seen in Toppat Civil Warfare during the Good Gents fail). This is most likely due to the fact like Reginald, he is loyal to the Toppat Clan as a whole rather than interested for personal power, and despite what Henry did to him and the fact he can easily get payback, he most likely continues following Henry out of either respect, self-duty of loyalty, or trust. However, their interactions as allies are very limited, having only one option where they combine their abilities to take out Government officials. At the end of Toppat 4 Life, he agrees to Reginald about Henry's protection of the clan, despite the fact both him and Reginald could have easily betrayed Henry who already got rid of the government invasion, taken back the leadership, and launched into space.
He is incredibly serious, especially during combat. This is shown that he is willing to counterattack during a Mario & Luigi style Bros. move in the Capital Gains route and not wasting a second shooting a laser at Henry and Ellie when they're carrying gold to their purse. Though he's not above posing or flashing off whenever he feels like it. He sometimes gets cocky when he expects he can easily win a fight or take someone down, as he gives Henry "one shot" in Master Bounty Hunter.
In fact, he only sometimes shows any extreme emotion in the series. Although he does get frustrated from time to time, such as when Henry is after the Emerald, Henry broke out of his cell, etc. most of his behavior is confident or serious. He is never seen laughing, panicking, or getting energetic anywhere in the series. The closest he gets out of his serious demeanor is disbelief, such as when he witnesses Henry simply surrender to the Wall without a fight or when Henry charges in the battlefield and gets gunned from behind (his facial expression change is noticeable as even his eyebrows raise to a position they rarely do), or amusement (when Henry attempts to sweep his legs in the Free Man ending). He takes his role as Toppat leader or right-hand man very seriously like Reginald, albeit showing more courage and determination. He does mock Henry and asserts his dominance as a cyborg but these are very momentary exchanges (ex. "Aww, that's cute", "That's not going to help you.", "You should have stayed in your cell", "On your feet, heh, I'll give you one shot.", "Nothing personell, kid"), and he never shows any pride or hubris.
He also appears to be very patient and doesn't anger quickly unless the subject is a Government official or Henry (if he is stealing the ruby or RHM is after him for revenge). When the train crashed in the Capital Gains ending, he immediately went to the crash site and confronted Henry and Ellie (although he lost very quickly). In Stickmin Space Resort, he shows no anger or disbelief in the fact Kayn accidentally let Henry into the base without checking him first for his membership. The only time he does display some irritation with his minions is when Henry escapes his cell and begins gunning down the guards. Although in this case, his irritation is very short and not confrontational, he makes no effort to come to the guards' aid as he did for Mr. Macbeth, although the reason might be because Mr. Macbeth is a luxury and important member while the guards are generally incompetent, such as leaving the armory open.
He's also very dedicated in his life as a Toppat Clan member. Unlike Reginald who simply sighs off his imprisonment in reluctance, Right Hand Man is significantly more frustrated in his imprisonment.
Infiltrating the Airship
Relentless Bounty Hunter/Rapidly Promoted Executive
- [X] Laser - Henry fires a laser towards Right Hand Man, but in the process tosses himself off the airship. Message: Newton's third law: one force is actually two forces, and they, uh, are the same but they're also different. Yeahh...something like that.
- [X] Thruster - Henry tries to use 2 thrusters on the ball, but the Right Hand Man shoots one of them and the ball goes out of control, tossing Henry into a wall. Message: Yunno, I really expected you to go faster with those thrusters.
- Chair - Henry uses a motorized chair to chase Reginald, and busts the door after the Right Hand Man moves out of the way.
Henry enters the warehouse behind the cockpit, as the Right Hand Man raises the alarm, announcing a "security alert" to the other Toppats to "keep a look out for a guy in a big plastic ball". Herb Stokes, a crane operator who is loading large pieces of coal and listening to the security message, sees Henry and prepares to crush him with the coal.
- [X] Timeout If no option is chosen, Henry doesn't notice the giant piece of coal that falls on him, crushing and possibly killing Henry. Message: Whoa! That thing was COAL-ossal!
- [X] Spikes - Henry has the ball turn into a giant spike ball, and the spikes causes the ball to stop. The spikes, however, fail to offer any protection against the coal, and Henry and the ball are crushed. Message: I see you went with a defensive move. Good choice.
- [X] Boost - Henry uses boosters on the ball to get past the coal, but hits a ramp near the door, knocking him out or killing him. Message: Gotta go fast! (oh by the way there's a ramp to the door.)
- Eject - Henry ejects from the ball just before it is crushed, and knocks down a door.
Eventually, the Right Hand Man catches up to Henry and Reginald again and Henry has to fight him. There are two options. Both activate a boss-battle minigame with four options on its own:
Option 1: Dirk - This Opens up a Final Fantasy-style screen. Henry has 495 health. From here, there are 4 available options.
- [X] Fight - Henry attacks the Right Hand Man, dealing a small damage to him, but he retaliates by throwing bombs at him, killing Henry. Message: Out of all those options you chose Fight? How boring.
- [X] Blitz - Henry uses Suplex and removes 645 health from the Right Hand Man successfully. But he retaliates by killing Henry with a Chaingun and deals 1337 damage, which is L33T damage. Message: I thought for sure that would've done it.
- [X] Magic - Henry calls for magic for one turn. The Right Hand Man casts Reflect on himself. Henry then casts fire on him, which was reflected back at Henry, killing him. Message: Gee, that.. BackFIREd. (10/10 jokes here folks)
- Tools - Henry successfully kills the Right Hand Man with a Chainsaw.
Option 2: Yo-Yo - This opens up an Earthbound-style game screen. Henry has 495 health and 98 PP. From here, there's also 4 available options.
- [X] Bash - Henry strikes the Right Hand Man with a Yo-Yo, dealing small damage, but Right Hand Man creates a shockwave that kills Henry. Message: What did you expect hitting him with a yo-yo would do?
- [X] PSI - Henry uses PSI Flash which makes the Right Hand Man start crying, but causes the Right Hand Man to fire a machine gun at him, killing Henry. Message: I’d be crying if you flashed me too.
- [X] Defend - Henry defends himself, but the Right Hand Man violently lashes out at Henry, killing him. Message: “The best offense is a good defense.” - Somebody Unsuccessful
- Goods - Henry fires a Multi-Bottle rocket and kills the Right Hand Man.
Henry, after killing the Right Hand Man, Afterwards, he falls off a metal bridge and is not seen again during the route. Though this implies his death, he does make a return as Right Hand Man Reborn in all paths branching from these. However, it is possible he still died after the battle.
Pure Blooded Thief
The Right Hand Man and Reginald are shown to have survived the Airship crashing, and are looking on in shock at the battle between the Government and the Toppat Clan. When the Center for Chaos Containment launches the prototype CD, The Right Hand Man notices Henry with the stolen ruby, but Reginald urges him to leave it behind and retreat for the sake of the Toppat Clan's longevity.
Government Supported Private Investigator
Henry uses a force gun to push off two Toppat members out of the airship. The Right Hand Man, alerted to the commotion in the storage, finds Henry with the evidence and the force gun. Before the Toppat second-in-command could even do anything, Henry uses the force gun to propel himself to Charles' helicopter. Finding out that the Government was involved, the Right Hand Man expects trouble for the Toppat Clan.
Some time later, Henry is at home, and he tunes in to the news. A report reveals that Reginald Copperbottom and the Right Hand Man were arrested by the Government, along with hundreds of other Toppat members. Many more were able to escape, but with the evidence in the Government's hands, they are now pinned to criminal charges. The Toppat Airship was subsequently impounded and seized.
His arrest (as well as Reginald Copperbottom and others in the airship division) is then later seen on TV by Henry at his house.
Completing the Mission
The Right Hand Man plays a role in multiple pathways, either as an ally or an enemy of Henry, remaining as an accomplice of Reginald. His importance and screen-time are much greater than in Airship.
In all pathways that use "Rapidly Promoted Executive" or "Relentless Bounty Hunter" as a starting point, the Right Hand Man has been turned into a cyborg following his defeat at Henry's hands, now called Right Hand Man Reborn. He was revived by Dr. Vinschpinsilstien.
He does not appear in any route that begins with the "Government Supported Private Investigator" ending, having been arrested and taken into custody in those pathways.
In all pathways beginning with the "Relentless Bounty Hunter" ending, he is shown as the new leader of the Toppat Clan due to the incarceration of Reginald, with Sven Svensson as his second in command.
In all pathways with the "Pure Blooded Thief" ending, then the Right Hand Man will not become a cyborg or get arrested, staying in his normal form and still having his role of being Reginald's Right Hand Man.
After escaping The Wall, Henry and Ellie Rose head to the Toppat Launch Site. Impressed with what she's seeing, Ellie decides to ally with the Toppat Clan. Henry meets up with Reginald and his Right Hand Man in an air control tower, finding out that the former had taken up leadership in his absence, something Henry isn't all that content with.
Reginald informs Henry that the Clan went along with the plan to launch the Toppat Orbital Station into space. Their preparations are interrupted when the Government launches an assault on the launch site, prompting Reginald to send Ellie and the Right Hand Man to the rocket, while he and Henry stay behind to initiate the launch sequence.
Sometime later, Henry lands right next to the Right Hand Man as they are now surrounded by Government soldiers.
- [X] Summon: Henry summons Shoop Da Whoop from the moon to eliminate the soldiers. However, before the blast is about to occur, the area is now empty-- a week had passed. (MSG: Last week, but not to worry.)
- [X] Charge: Henry makes a run for it until he gets shot down seconds later. (MSG: Oh my god, he just ran in.)
- [X] Style On 'Em: Henry and the Right Hand Man team up to take down the soldiers, performing a stylish move from Paper Mario. They however only manage to take out one of the soldiers, leaving them open for the others to arrest. (MSG: Not gonna lie, that was pretty stylish.)
- Dual-Tech: The Right-Hand Man gives Henry his pistol, jumps high in the air, and then activates his laser eye directly on Henry to make him spin while the latter shoots, hitting all the surrounding soldiers.
From afar, an impressed Reginald witnesses Henry and the Right Hand Man's teamwork. With one minute to take off, Ellie catches up in a Government jeep and offers the two to hitch a quick ride toward the rocket. On the way up, Major Hershell Panzer (in a mech suit) and his platoon are blocking their path.
- [X] Timeout: If no option is chosen, Hershell stops the jeep and causes the three outlaws to fly off. (MSG: Seatbelts everyone!)
- [X] Right Hand Man: The RHM transmutes his legs into a thruster and hops to the back of the vehicle, allowing him, Henry and Ellie to accelerate past the military platoon. However, they are unable to slow down in time and end up piercing through the rocket. (MSG: Overshot by just a liiiiiiiitle bit.)
- [X] Ellie: Ellie pulls out an assault rifle and shoots at the soldiers. However, with no one driving the jeep, it veers to the right and flies off the ramp. (MSG: Shooting from a moving vehicle is actually really hard. Especially if you're supposed to be driving.)
- Henry: Henry climbs on the hood of the jeep and punches Hershell in the face, knocking him out cold.
However, this action causes Henry to fall out of the jeep while Ellie and the Right-Hand-Man make it to the rocket as it launches. Ellie pleads the two others to get Henry, in which Reginald promises her to keep the door open as long as he can. As the rocket is taking off without him, Henry is in shock and panics.
- [X] Cloud: Henry uses a cloud from Super Mario Bros. to fly to the rocket. Unfortunately, a moment before the cloud approaches the door, it disappears due to the rocket going past the altitude where clouds can form, causing him to fall. (MSG: Today's forecast: No clouds.)
- [X] G-inverter: Henry uses the G-Inverter to reverse gravity and causes everything to get sucked up into the sky. However, he is unable to reverse the process and ends up flying past the rocket. (MSG: Pretty sure I had a nightmare like this.)
- Abandoned Tank: Henry climbs in the tank, drives upon a palm tree, and fires at the ground, launching himself up quickly to the rocket.
The tank almost reaches to the rocket door, allowing Henry to dismount and barely make the jump. Reginald is able to catch Henry in time, but then floats the idea of betrayal to reclaim his position as Toppat Leader. Nonetheless, he brushes the notion aside due to the fact that Henry had placed himself on the line to defend the Toppat Clan from the Government. In that regard, Reginald is shown to have great respect for Henry and claims the latter worthy to be the leader of the Toppats.
The Toppat Orbital Station completes its journey into space. While a few Toppats members got left behind and arrested by the Government, their new space station allows the remaining clan members to raid any place on Earth with ease. Ellie is officially recruited into the Toppat Clan as Henry's Right Hand Lady, while Reginald and his Right Hand Man remain to be top operators of the clan, performing several successful operations.
Stickmin Space Resort
When Henry tries to steal the rocket, the Right Hand Man helps Reginald to try and stop Henry (although he doesn't recognize him). The Right Hand Man, in a last-ditch effort, fires a harpoon at the rocket to tether it to Earth and prevent it from launching into space. Henry can:
- Timeout (fail): If no option is chosen, the rocket runs out of fuel and falls back to the ground. Message: Return to Sender.
- Full Speed (fail): Henry uses the rocket's full power and breaks free from the harpoon tether (initially resulting in a "Mission Complete"), but the rocket runs out of gas before reaching space. Message: Outta gas.
- Stage (fail): Henry disconnects the thrusters, and the main body of the rocket falls back to Earth, hurtling towards the Right-Hand Man. Message: Caught a big one!
- Precision Shot: Using a sniper rifle, Henry takes aim at the harpoon's tether and successfully severs the connection, allowing the rocket to continue into space.
He is nowhere to be seen after Henry successfully steals the rocket and turns the orbital space station into a resort, but since he wasn't in the rocket when it launched, it's safe to assume he was amongst the members of the clan who were arrested.
After Henry successfully steals the money cart after killing Mr. Macbeth, the Right Hand Man orders the Clan to call off the search, as he deems the satellite launch is more important.
Tapping into the Toppat's security feed, Gordon Banks locates the Right Hand Man in the warehouse and they begin to form a strategy to take him down. At the warehouse, the Right Hand Man and his adversaries are locked in a battle with Government soldiers already at the scene. They prepare an ambush:
- Cluster Charge (fail): Using a device provided by Amelia Esteban, Henry launches a bomb through the door, aimed at the Right Hand Man. However, it ricochets off various objects in the warehouse and ends up sliding back under the door, killing the squad. (MSG: Nice triple kill.)
- Dogpile (fail): Henry, John Pilksin, Eel, and Turtle throw themselves on to the Right Hand Man, with even the Toppat adversaries joining in on the dogpile. However, the RHM's enhanced strength allows him to bust out. (MSG: Everyone! Pile on!)
- Dance-Off (fail): Once again, Henry attempts to initiate a dance-off, performing the default dance in front of the Right Hand Man. Like before, he is shot down immediately. (MSG: Cease.)
- Suppressing Fire: Henry branches off to the left in an effort to flank the RHM, while Frog, Eel, and Turtle provide Henry with a distraction.
The Right Hand Man notices Henry, but before confronting him, he fires a blast at Frog, Eel, and Turtle, killing them. Claiming that he was going hunt Henry down after getting setup, the Right Hand Man gives Henry a chance to defend himself.
- Rock Paper Scissors (fail): Henry challenges the Right Hand Man to an RPS game. While Henry plays Scissors, the Right Hand Man plays a laser blaster, which he uses to kill Henry. (MSG: Laser blaster beats scissors.)
- Self-Destruct (fail): Henry self-destructs, but instead of an explosion, he turns to dust and a tombstone is summoned in his place. (MSG: Henry bit the dust.)
- Dance-Off (fail): Ditto. But this time, the Right Hand Man immediately punches Henry in the face, sending him to the ground. (MSG: No.)
- Cheap Fighting Combo: Henry uses a low-effort combo to juggle the Right Hand Man repeatedly, eventually causing him to be knocked out.
The damage to the RHM's cybernetics causes him to faint and his cybernetics to shut down. Fellow Toppats on the bridge notice Henry with their leader, causing him to panic.
- Finish Him (fail): Henry tosses the RHM off the bridge, killing him. In an act of revenge, one of the Toppats kicks Henry off the bridge to his death as well. (MSG: This! Is! Toppats!)
- Rewire (Fail): Henry modifies the cybernetics in the RHM, causing him to switch allegiances. The two breach into the rocket's cockpit, proceeding to threaten pilot Sven Svensson. Svensson however questions the RHM about his allegiance to the man who arrested the former leader, causing him to remember his true allegiance. The RHM proceeds to kick Henry off the launching rocket. (MSG: Deep down he's always gonna be a Toppat. There's no rewiring that.)
- Dance-Off (fail): Ditto. Before Henry can do anything, a Government tank crashes into him. (MSG: STOP IT!!!!!!)
- Ocarina: Henry plays the Ocarina, summoning Charles to his position, allowing him to secure the Right Hand Man on behalf of the Government. After the credits his poster appear in the ending picture with a big red X which means Henry hunted him.
With the Emerald, Henry makes his way to the Orion Lounge, but there he encounters the Right Hand Man and Wilhelm Krieghaus. The Right Hand Man recognizes Henry as the guy who stole their Ruby. Reginald orders him to finish Henry. Henry can:
- Chance Time (Fail): Rolling dice, Henry attempts to use luck to his advantage. However, the dice forces Henry to give up the Emerald to the Right Hand Man. Message: Chance Time ALWAYS screws you over.
- Emerald (Fail): Henry tries to throw the Emerald at them, but it is too heavy and doesn't make it very far. The Right Hand Man shoots him and reclaims the Emerald on behalf of the Toppat Clan. Message: Hey, that thing is REALLY heavy, ok
- Yell: Henry yells at the Right Hand Man and Wilhelm. Henry yells so loud, he breaks the window and knocks out the Right Hand Man and Wilhelm.
Henry grabs the hat of the Right Hand Man, which contains an oxygen mask, while the Right Hand Man drifts off into space.
Henry wakes up in a cell on board of the Toppat Orbital Station. He is greeted by the Right Hand Man, who is now a cyborg and in charge of the Toppat Clan since Henry got Reginald Copperbottom arrested during his mission aboard the Toppat Airship. He tells Henry how he personally had him captured because of what Henry did to Reginald, and mocks him for his predicament. However, Henry escapes by using a metal hat. Fredrick Muenster reports Henry's escape to the Right Hand Man, and informs him that Henry has locked himself in Armoury-7. As Fredrick and two other Toppats gather around the door, Henry opens it and uses a retro light gun to kill the four Toppats with ease, and continues his escape.
Henry fights his way to the cafeteria, where the Right Hand Man awaits him. Henry is about to shoot, but the Right Hand Man throws Henry onto the floor and prepares to finish him. Henry can:
- Harden (fail): Henry turns himself to stone, but the Right Hand Man easily shatters him regardless. Message: It's not very effective...
- Sweep the Legs (fail): Henry kicks at the Right Hand Man's legs, but since his legs are made of metal, Henry only succeeds in hurting himself. The Right Hand Man proceeds to beat Henry to a pulp. Message: That's gonna be an 'Ouch' from me, Dawg.
- Nano-Suit: Henry summons the suit, which forms around his body. He blocks a punch from the Right Hand Man before he breaks through the cafeteria's glass window and flees into space, with the Right Hand Man following close behind.
The Right Hand Man tries to shoot Henry with his laser eye, while Henry runs down one of the station's solar panels. Henry can:
- Timeout (fail): If no option is chosen, Henry is shot by the Right Hand Man's laser. Message: You don't have time to read the instruction manual for that suit!
- Fire Missiles (Fail): Henry activates a missile and aims it at the Right Hand Man, but he flies alongside the missile because he fired it while it is still attached to his suit. The Right Hand Man gets surprised before the missile and his opponent, Henry, hit him, with the explosion killing them both. Message: The release mechanism is located near your thumb on the right hand. It’s a small button with a missile symbol on it. All you need to do is hit that to fire off the missile. WARNING: If you do not disconnect the missile it may activate while still connected to your suit.
- Positron Refractor (Fail): Henry activates his refractor and reflects the lasers, but the Right Hand Man proceeds to smash him with his fist. Henry jettisons off to the left, his body bursting into a flame pillar that extends to the right when he gets far enough, similar to when Grigori and Ellie exploded by Henry when he used The KNEE on both of them. Following afterwards, the "GAME" word from the Super Smash Bros. franchise appears on the screen. Message: Unfortunately, it only reflects projectiles.
- Max Gravity Boots: Henry uses the suit's gravity boots to break through the solar panel, shattering it.
He then hides among the debris, as Burt Curtis warns the Right Hand Man about the damage. Henry spots three satellites nearby, as well as a way back to Earth. He can:
- Go to Earth (fail): Henry leaps into the atmosphere, expecting the nano suit to protect him from burning up. This does not happen, and Henry is reduced to ashes. Message: Toasty!
- Left Satellite (fail): Flying towards the Left Satellite, Henry attempts to use it to destroy the orbital station. However, the satellite is not weaponized, as it is only a mere communications satellite. Burt picks up the attack inputs and alerts the Right Hand Man, who soon locates and kills Henry. Message: Next time you want to attack, don't use a communications satellite.
- Central Satellite (fail): Leaping to the Center Satellite, Henry attempts to use its laser to attack the space station. Except the satellite is actually aimed towards Earth-- the blast hits the planet instead. The Right Hand Man catches up to Henry at the satellite. Message: FRONT TOWARD ENEMY
- Right Satellite: Henry leaps to the Right Satellite, which is a drop pod. Henry gets on board and sets its destination to Earth, putting it on a direct collision course with the Orbital Station.
With alarms flaring on the station, Burt warns the Right Hand Man about the fact that Henry is about to crash into the Orbital Station. He attempts to stop Henry's drop pod from taking off, but it's no use– the pod penetrates through the space station, striking their central core, and flies towards Earth. Henry survives the whole ordeal and disembarks from the drop pod on Earth, now free from the Toppat Clan.
The Right Hand Man also survives the ordeal and returns to the space station, now without power due to the loss of the station's central core, rendering The Toppats to be unable to return to Earth without any power, thus they are stranded in space. Burt questions the Right Hand Man about the identity of the prisoner and the reason why he imprisoned him in the first place.
Since Right Hand Man, like other Toppats, is stranded in space, it can be presumed he eventually died off-screen.
He is a boss-fight in this pathway. After Henry returned to the Airship fight Reginald, bitter about the fact that Reginald betrayed him, Reginald tells the Right Hand Man to take him out.
The two engage in a fight where Henry can:
- Spirit Forme (fail): In a lengthy battle, narrated in Japanese, Henry summons his spirit, Reference, to help him fight the Right Hand Man, who also has his own spirit called Time in a Bottle, which allows him to control time. Reference briefly gains the upper hand by punching the Right Hand Man into an alternate timeline where he never met Henry, and thus was never outfitted with his cybernetic enhancements. But since Time in a Bottle was never attached to his cybernetics, the Right Hand Man uses his spirit to freeze time, before proceeding to draw a gun at Henry's head. (Message: That doesn't seem right, but I don't know enough about anime to dispute it.)
- Gun Forme (fail): Henry shifts his left arm into an energy Gatling gun, but the Right Hand Man, using super speed, dodges the shots. He maneuvers behind Henry and disintegrates his cybernetic spine with an energy blast. (Message: Not bad, kid... You made me use almost 10% of my power.)
- Blade Forme: Henry shifts his hand into a lance, while the Right Hand Man transmutes his hand into a colossal blade.
The two engage in a blade battle in the cockpit, with the Right Hand Man initially gaining the upper hand before Henry uses his blade to pierce through the Right Hand Man's cybernetic eye. In the process, Henry's blade breaks. As the two of them are now on the roof of the airship, the Right Hand Man becomes frustrated and prepares an energy ball to decimate Henry for good. Henry can:
- Absorb (fail): Henry attempts to absorb the energy blast with his hand. He is successful in containing some of the energy ball, but his cybernetic spine can only absorb so much energy before overloading and exploding. (Message: Wow, that's gotta be the Play of the Game.)
- Baseball Bat (fail): Henry shifts his arm into a baseball bat and knocks the energy blast away, much to the Right Hand Man's surprise. However, the blast orbits around the entire Earth once and thus arrives back at the Airship, hitting Henry from behind. (Message: Homerun?)
- Y-Type Move: Henry's "Big Blast" attack not only counters and penetrates through the Right Hand Man's energy ball, but it creates a gigantic explosion that scorches the Right Hand Man and cripples the airship at the same time. Henry then kicks the immobilized Right Hand Man's crisped body, breaking it apart.
Toppat Civil Warfare
The Right Hand Man is initially passive towards Henry when he returns from imprisonment in The Wall. After hearing Ellie's story of abandonment however, the Right Hand Man and Reginald immediately denounces Henry and deems him unfit to be the leader of the Toppat Clan, rallying his clanmates to the effort of overthrowing him from power. During the denouncement ceremony on the Airship, Henry tosses Reginald overboard, forcing the Right Hand Man to come down to rescue him. In the Deuces! choice, he two are killed when Henry's escape pod collides with them.
In The Good Gents fail, Henry and his followers breach into the cockpit to confront Reginald and Ellie, but a furious Right Hand Man uses his cybernetic eye to fire a laser at the gang, killing Henry and Geoffrey. (Message: What!? That's OP! They better be nerfing that in the next patch!)
Pardoned Pals/Toppat Recruits
Henry and Ellie reach the rocket, and they encounter Reginald Copperbottom and the Right Hand Man. Reginald recognizes Henry as the man who stole the Romanian Ruby from them, but also acknowledges the two outlaws' skills. He then allows Henry and Ellie to join if Henry returns the said ruby. Then Dmitri and Grigori show up to demand Henry and Ellie to surrender. And to top it off, Charles arrives with his helicopter, sees Henry, and asks him to help take out the Toppats.
Henry and Ellie signal to the Toppat leaders, who toss them AK-47s, allowing them to kill Grigori and heavily wound Dmitri. The Right Hand Man uses his pistol to damage Charles' helicopter rotors, forcing him to retreat. Grigori is killed by the gunfire, but Dmitri is only wounded, still appearing alive with one eye open. While the rocket is launching into space, The Right Hand Man and Reginald vacate the area, while Dmitri regains his strength, giving him an opportunity to attack the two, and lunges at Ellie, knocking her out. Furious about his ruined reputation due to Henry's involvement with the riot back at The Wall, Dmitri attempts to kill Henry once and for all. Throwing a punch, Dmitri misses, creating an opening that allows Henry to throw the warden off the rocket and to his death. The rocket completes its journey into space. Henry and Ellie are officially recruited into the Toppat Clan on the promise of returning the Romanian Ruby. The Right Hand Man is seen attending their recruitment ceremony.
If Henry and Ellie choose to help the Government instead, the Right Hand Man and all the other Toppats are killed in the rocket explosion.
At the launch site, the Right Hand Man, who is now a cyborg and in charge of the Toppat Clan, hears about the train crash and rushes off to the crash site. Meanwhile, as the train and all of the Toppats are taken care of, Henry and Ellie find the wrecked money cargo and wonder how to transport the loot inside of it. They can:
- Purse of Holding(fail): Henry and Ellie load the treasures into the purse, but it takes them so long that the Right Hand Man eventually arrives and fills the vault with the laser from his eye, causing them both to fry to a painful death. Message: You two look like you could use some patented purse of holding carrying purses.
- Force Lift(fail): Ellie uses Force Lift to move the money cargo into the sky, but it flies off into the distance, leaving Henry dumbfounded about what just happened. Message: We get it. You lift.
- Fulton: Henry and Ellie inflate the Fulton balloon that lifts the cargo up into the sky, with them on it.
Before Henry can decide how to continue, the Right Hand Man lands on the car and confronts the two. They can use:
- Shell Bounce (fail): Henry and Ellie use a turtle shell to attack the Right-Hand Man, kicking it into him over and over. The Right Hand Man quickly grows irritated and kicks the shell into Henry's face. Message:
O u c h i e
- Needle (fail): Henry punctures the balloon with a needle. The money cargo falls and crushes Henry and Ellie, while the Right Hand Man saves himself using his rocket feet, remarking Henry to be an "idiot". Message: What was the POINT of that? ...Not the SHARPEST idea. Gonna PIN the blame on you for that one. Did you really NEEDLE that money? [Alright that one was a stretch]
- Wombo Combo: Henry and Ellie engage the Right Hand Man in physical combat, locking him into an inescapable combo before finishing with a "Stickmin Punch" from both Henry and Ellie.
The energy released from the punches obliterates the Right Hand Man's body, leaving only his cybernetic legs intact. Now safe from the Toppats, Ellie transmutes the scrap legs into a rocket booster, allowing her and Henry to sail away with their payday.
Toppat 4 Life
The Right Hand Man makes a cameo appearance at the end of the pathway, when Henry hijacks a Government tank and uses it to arrive at the Toppat Rocket. Upon arrival, Reginald inquiries Henry about his choice of transportation. Henry hands him a Government-issued walkie-talkie, which is still broadcasting orders to retreat from the General. Learning that Henry had single-handedly deterred the Government from launching an assault on the Toppats, Reginald praises Henry and declares that the future is bright for the Clan now that Henry is in charge.
His typical weaponry consists of a metal baseball bat (which is in a rugged state, presumably from consistent use) and a pistol.
In his cyborg form, he can transform his right arm into many different weapons such as a laser blaster and a sword. In addition, he's able to use his cybernetic eye for remote communication with other Toppats and to shoot laser beams. His robotic legs are also able to turn into a jet propeller which allows him to fly. He owns a Spirit called Time in a Bottle. He is able to crack solid rock in half with his bare hands in this form, and is durable enough to survive being smashed through an entire space station by a drop pod. And lastly, his cybernetic enhancements allow him to breathe indefinitely in space.
Henry and the Right Hand Man's relationship varies between pathways. Sometimes they like each other, but most of the time, they hate each other. They don't interact in paths where Henry is allied with the Government.
In the Relentless Bounty Hunter/Rapidly Promoted Executive path, and all its CtM paths, Henry defeats the RHM in RPE/RBH route, the RHM was reborn into a cyborg. Afterward, RHM reborn began a vengeance against Henry, he was thinking to kidnap Henry after the rocket's takeoff, and actually kidnapped him at the start of the Free Man path.
In the Rapidly Promoted Executive path, and all its CtM paths, he's glaring at Henry with sedimentation showing his anger towards Henry. This is even further revealed in the Revenged path where Right Hand Man is hostile towards him which shows the giant grudge Right Hand Man has held. He even goes as far as trying to kill Henry. In the paths Toppat King and Toppat 4 Life, after Henry have proved to Reginald he can be the leader, he decided to give up his anger to him and accept him as a good Toppat Clan leader.
In the Pure Blooded Thief path, and all its CtM paths, the two still don't interact much, but since Henry tried to stole the Ruby, they're enemies. An exception to this is the Toppat Recruits route, where the Toppat Clan allow Henry and Ellie to join but only if Henry promises to return the Ruby.
In the Free Man pathway, RHM is the leader, so Burt respects and obeys him. It's clear Burt is annoyed when RHM yells at him, remarking, "Don't need to get snippy about it." However, later, when the power goes out, RHM is seen behind Burt, who was confused as to what Henry had to do with him.
The Right Hand Man and Reginald are close friends, as the two trust each other. In ItA’s RBH/RPE path, RHM protects Reginald, he takes on Henry by himself just so Reginald can run away safely. In the RBH paths of CtM, he wants to hunt down and capture Henry for getting Reginald arrested. Considering that he wanted revenge, it’s clear that they did care about each other.
RHM is also the only person to call Reginald something other than “Chief” or “The Leader, as he calls him Reg (Short for "Reggie"). In Toppat Civil Warfare, when Reginald tells the clan that Henry isn't worthy of being the leader, RHM instantly sides with Reginald instead of the current leader, and even jumps off the airship to save him.
- Infiltrating the Airship: He's the Toppat chief's Right Hand. Nobody knows his true name.
- Completing the Mission (Non-cyborged ver, [Right Hand Man]): He still serves as Reginald's number two. His extreme loyalty is what a Toppat member should strive for.
- Completing the Mission (Cyborg ver, [Right Hand Man Reborn]): His defeat by Henry left him in bad shape. Cybernetic surgery brought him back, stronger than ever before.
- Completing the Mission (Rewired ver, [Right Hand Man Blue]): He's been rewired to protect Henry at all costs. The Toppat loyalty is so deep. Can it really be completely removed?
This list shows the victims Right Hand Man has killed:
- John Pilksin (MBH)
- Gordon Banks (MBH)
- Amelia Esteban (MBH)
- Victoria Grit (TK) (Alongside Henry Stickmin)
- Gerald Gruff (TK) (Alongside Henry Stickmin)
- Billy Brown (TK) (Alongside Henry Stickmin)
- Dan D. Lyons (TK) (Alongside Henry Stickmin)
- Orbyn Lanp (TK) (Alongside Henry Stickmin)
- Several Government Soldiers (TK,MBH)
- Unnamed people
Infiltrating the Airship
Government Supported Private Investigator
- "What's going-?!"
- "Hmm... This could be a problem."
Relentless Bounty Hunter/Rapidly Promoted Executive
- "Go! Go! I'll hold him off!"
- "Come on then!"
- "Everyone listen up, we've got a security alert."
- "Keep a lookout for a guy in a big plastic ball."
- ”No, I'm serious."
- "Now I've got ya."
Pure Blooded Thief
- "There he is, he's got the ruby!"
Completing the Mission
- "I was wondering when you'd show up. Time's up, let's do this."
- "We've gotta hurry."
- "C'mon, we gotta go."
- "You've gotta be pretty tired of waking up like this. That's right! It's me. Bet you thought you took me out. Well, nobody gets away from the Toppat Clan. As soon as we got into orbit I made sure to go down and capture you. Now, enjoy your stay."
- "I need an update on that Henry situation."
- "Ugh, Do I gotta do everything around here?"
- "You shoulda stayed in your cell."
- "Aww, now that's cute."
- "That's not gonna help you."
- "Impressive. But that's not-"
- "There you are!"
- "Yeah, I know! I'm dealing with it!"
- "Ugh, where'd he go?"
- "You don’t say..."
- "Oi, get outta there!"
Stickmin Space Resort
- "*Sigh* I'll take care of this."
- "Not on my watch!"
- "Oh no, you don't! Hey Reg, yeah I found that intruder."
- "Hang on a minute...this is the guy that stole our ruby. And now he's trying to steal our emerald!"
- "With pleasure..."
Little Nest Egg
- "Eh, forget it. Come back. Takeoff's more important."
Pardoned Pals/Toppat Recruits
- "Huh? Hold it! You're not Toppats!"
Master Bounty Hunter
- "Keep the door secure."
- "Hang on."
- "You! I see you, Henry!"
- "I was going to hunt you down once we got set up but now you've just fell right into my lap. Go on, on your feet. Heh, I'll give you one shot."
- "Ngh. My c-c-c-yber-neti-"
- "Henry! We've gotta put a stop to these Toppats. Come on."
- "Hold it. The Toppats are finished. You're not going anywhere."
- "Stand back, Henry. I'll take care of this guy."
Toppat Civil Warfare
- "Take any loyalists to the brig."
- "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS!"
- "I'm on the way!"
- "Oi! This doesn't belong to you!"
- "What're you doing?"
- "What an idiot."
- "Time for a li'l payback..."
- "Nothing personnel, kid."
- " ああ、あなたには精神があるようです。
- " うーん。リファレンスパックはかなりパンチがあると聞きました。彼の攻撃を避けることができる限り、私は大丈夫です 。 . "
- " 私にも精神があるとは思わなかったのですか?"
- " 何が起こっている?"
- " 不可能な。私の増強はどうなりましたか?"
- " あなたはばかを言う！私の精神が私の強化につながったと思いましたか？私はいつもそれをアクティブにしました。時間を完全に凍結するのに十分な時間を集めることができました。今...死ぬ！ "
- "Time to finish you off..."
- "You... you.. I'm gonna delete you!"
- While nearly all characters are given a name in their in-game biographies provided in the remastered version, the Right Hand Man remains nameless. His bio even states nobody knows his real name.
- He is the favourite character of the series' creator, PuffballsUnited.
- He is the only character to be seen inside Burt Curtis’ room, besides Burt himself.
- Due to BtB being the only game to be remade from scratch, he has a dark red mustache in ItA, and an orange one in CtM.
- He is the most fought character in the whole series, being fought a total of 6 times, once in ItA and 5 times in CtM. one time as a human and 4 times as a cyborg.
- He is fought in every pathway in which he is the leader, with the exception of Little Nest Egg.
- The Toppat King path is the only path where he helps Henry, due to Henry being the Toppat Clan leader. In other paths he either tries to kill Henry or does not show up during that path.
- He is the only character in the series to get 3 Bios in CtM.
- Inversed with Dmitri, he gets possibly the biggest role promotion in the series, being the main antagonist in 4 whole routes, confronting Henry directly, or being a secondary antagonist, or an ally in other routes.
- In the Revenged path in CtM, Henry actually is dead after the events of The Betrayed in FtC. However, he is able to be revived and cybernetically enhanced by Dr. Vinschpinsilstien. Something similar may have happened to the Right Hand Man.
- The Positron Refractor references the Reflector that Fox McCloud can use when he triggers his Down Special Move.
- The Right Hand Man audibly announces his spirit as Time in a Bottle, however, it is subtitled as Bottled Time-- a reference to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure localizations.
- Clicking on the blue text that reads "Play of the Game" in the fail message will lead to the "Play of the Game" achievement.
- "Harden" fail during the Cafeteria section in the Free Man path in CtM. RHM is able to chop Henry's head clean in half with his bare hand after he turns to rock.
- This happens during the end of the Free Man path in CtM. Note that he does sustain major damage after this, but still survives and makes it back to the station.