Toppat Civil Warfare is one of sixteen endings in Completing the Mission.
Three days after escaping from The Wall undetected, Henry returns to the Toppat Airship to resume his duties of the Clan. However, unbeknownst to him, an embittered Ellie Rose managed to escape from The Wall on her own as well and has hitched a ride on Henry's vehicle leading to the Airship.
Henry is surprised to see Ellie, who introduces herself to the Toppat Clan and reveals to them that Henry had abandoned her to rot in the prison complex after exploiting her trust for his own gain. Spotting an opportunity to reclaim power in the Clan, Reginald Copperbottom calls Henry out for his lack of honor and begins to rally his clanmates to the effort of overthrowing him from Clan leadership.
During the denouncement ceremony, Geoffrey Plumb and Thomas Chestershire voice their opposition to the change of leadership, only for the Right Hand Man to order any of Henry's loyalists to be sent to the airship brig. Henry is sent to the plank during the ceremony, but when Reginald approaches him to reclaim the leader's top hat, Henry throws him overboard, forcing the Right Hand Man to fly away from the airship to rescue him. Ellie and other Toppats quickly respond by drawing assault rifles on Henry as the former commands him to jump.
- [X] Plead: Henry is about to beg Ellie to spare him, but she doesn't want to hear it and doesn't even let him speak. She shoots him on the fail screen. (Message: I don't think so, Tim.)
- [X] Chainsaw: Henry grabs a chainsaw and saws the plank in half, expecting that just like in cartoons, his half will stay airborne while the other half with the airship will fall and crash. Apparently, it doesn't work that way and Henry falls to his death. (Message: Hm. Definitely thought the other side would fall, like in all the other cartoons.)
- [X] Save State: Henry saves the game, but this does not get him out of trouble and Ellie shoots him in the knee. This fail is linked to the 'Load Save' option in Jewel Baron. If 'Load Save' is selected after using 'Save State' in this path, then it will take you to this fail instead of replaying the cutscene (Message: Shot through the leg, and you're to blame. You give save states a bad name.)
- Helicopter Hat: Henry jumps off the plank, to Ellie's delight, but is saved by his hat rotor.
He flies and crashes into the brig where his followers and Dave Panpa were imprisoned. The brig's guard, Floyd Winters, is knocked out thanks to Henry's crash landing while Dave's cell is also busted open. Geoffrey assures Henry that he and Thomas are still with him and asks him to free them. Floyd begins to wake up, prompting Henry to act quickly:
- [X] Mind Crystal: Henry uses a mind crystal from The Sims on Floyd, and orders him to open the cells. However, Floyd can't proceed because of his hat blocking his path, and switches back to his default action of aiming a gun at Henry. (Message: Ugh! Schalooob!)
- [X] Toppy: Henry uses his hat to possess Floyd (which is a reference to Super Mario Odyssey with Cappy) and frees them. However, Geoffrey fails to recognize Henry and throws him off the Airship. (Message: They could tell you don't look like Henry. What, you think all stick figures look the same??)
- Dave: Henry asks Dave to help him take down Floyd. Dave is quickly overpowered, but this gives Henry enough time to knock out Floyd.
With the keys, Henry frees Geoffrey and Thomas. Then, they hear over the intercom that Henry has officially been denounced as the Toppat Leader. Geoffrey supplies Henry with 3 plans:
- [X] The Good Gents: The four breach into the cockpit to confront Reginald and Ellie, but a furious Right Hand Man uses his cybernetic eye to fire a laser at the gang, killing Henry and Geoffrey. (Message: What!? That's OP! They better be nerfing that in the next patch!)
- [X] Midnight Surprise: The four rigs the airship with explosives and attempt to detonate them at midnight. Unfortunately, they forgot that they themselves are still on the airship while setting off the charges and are killed with everyone else. (Message: Ah, just like old times. That was a poorly thought out plan...)
- Deuces!: The four decide to squeeze themselves in an escape pod and depart successfully.
Thomas somewhat complains on the little room inside the pod. During its descent, the pod collides with Reginald and the Right Hand Man, killing them both, while it survives unscathed. Geoffrey assures Thomas that the impact is negligible.
The four land in safety but are left stranded in a desert and now are on their own, while Ellie takes control of the rest of the Toppat Clan, which become her squad. Since then, the clan has been split in two, with both sides engaged on civil war.
- Henry Stickmin
- Ellie Rose
- Reginald Copperbottom
- Right Hand Man (Reborn)
- Thomas Chestershire
- Miss DeMeanor
- Hat Girl
- Handsome Harold
- Gene Fredrickson
- Sir Hatty
- Geoffrey Plumb
- Henry Stickman
- Mr. Teal
- Wallace Dagwood
- Barbershop Bill
- Alfonsho Cruz
- Floyd Winters
- Unknown CtM Toppats
- Dave Panpa
- Wilhelm Krieghaus
Italics indicate they only appear in this pathway.
- This ending, the ending of Breaking the Bank, The Betrayed, Valiant Hero and Revenged are the only endings that end badly for Henry.
- This and The Betrayed are the only two endings where Reginald dethrones Henry.
- This is the only ending where Ellie doesn't help Henry, and instead is against him as the main antagonist.
- If the player happen to use the "Load Save" option in the "Jewel Baron" route and have already gotten the "Save State" fail, they'll be loaded to the Save State fail and restart from there, as long as you have not exited the game.
- The fail message in the "Save State" option references the song You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi.
- This is the only pathway in which Henry's decision to abandon Ellie during Ghost Inmate later backfires. In all other pathways involving Ghost Inmate, Ellie is not seen or mentioned again in Cleaned 'em Out, Jewel Baron or Free Man, pathways combined with Ghost Inmate.
- This is the only pathway where the Toppat Orbital Station does not appear.
- It is also the only pathway that doesn't take place in or around the Dogobogo Jungle, or in space. It takes place on board the Airship, which appears to fly above the same desert from Infiltrating the Airship. It is also implied that the Toppats never arrived at the Jungle and instead focused on fighting Henry in the aftermath.
- The "Helicopter Hat" option could be a reference to the Gadget 'Copter from Inspector Gadget.
- The "Toppy" option references Cappy and his power to have Mario capture people, animals, and objects when Mario throws him on them in Super Mario Odyssey.
- This is the only pathway that ends with a unique "Mission Complete?" message in contrast to all the other pathways that directly state "Mission Complete" once their endings are reached. This is due to the pathway ending with a cliffhanger.
- Due to being the only ending left on a cliffhanger, this is usually considered the worst ending of CtM by fans.
- Geoffrey's plan icons all resemble file icons for Microsoft Word.
- The ending's name and screen is a reference to "Captain America: Civil War".
- This ending, along with Revenged and Capital Gains, are the endings with the shortest paths to accomplish in Completing The Mission, with them all having 3 successful options.
- There is a plot hole in the ending. In Revenged, it takes the Toppats only 10 hours to arrive at the Toppat Launch Site, but in this pathway, 3 days pass and the Toppats have not even arrived in the Jungle.
- This ending is the shortest among all other endings, and as a result is the ending most often used by speedrunners in Any% PU and No PU.
|🎧 "Dishonorable Discharge"||Ockeroid||Opening theme.|
|🎧 "Fractured"||Ockeroid||Ending theme.|
- If Henry chooses the "Load Save" option in the "Jewel Baron" route, the game switches to the "Toppat Civil Warfare" route at this fail scenario.
Toppat King • Cleaned 'em Out • Stickmin Space Resort • Little Nest Egg • Special BROvert Ops • Master Bounty Hunter • Jewel Baron • Valiant Hero • Free Man • Revenged • Toppat Civil Warfare • Pardoned Pals • Toppat Recruits • Capital Gains • Toppat 4 Life • Triple Threat
Secret: Multiverse Correction