Toppat Recruits is one of the sixteen endings in Completing the Mission.
The auxiliary ending to this ending is "Pardoned Pals," sharing one single route till the final choice scenario. This pathway is selected by choosing "Pure Blooded Thief" and "Convict Allies" in the Endings Hub.
Having escaped the Wall, Henry and Ellie Rose are on the run from Dmitri Johannes Petrov and Grigori Olyat. They make their way to the Dogobogo Jungle and the Toppat Launch Site, where Ellie hopes Henry alongside her can join the Toppats.
When they arrive, however, they find the Wall guards waiting for them. Coincidentally, General Hubert Galeforce chooses the same moment to launch an attack against the Toppats to stop them from launching their Orbital station, starting The Toppat Raid. Henry and Ellie crash their motorcycle on a car. With the two being surrounded by two opposing factions, they are given the following choices:
- Rope + RPG (fail): The duo try to launch the RPG by tying the rope to the trigger but when they throw it up in the air and shoot, it points at them and it explodes, taking their lives with it. Fail message: What... was the plan there exactly?
- Controller + RPG (fail): Wiring the Nintendo 64 controller to the RPG, Henry and Ellie attempt to guide the rocket to the Wall soldiers. However, the projectile is too slow in its approach. Henry and Ellie end up getting killed by a blast from a Wall tank. Fail message: Wrong kind of RPG for a controller. Still gave you control though!
- Controller + Wings (fail): The two combine the Nintendo 64 controller and the wings, intended for them to fly up with the wings, but it ends up flying to the sky without them. Fail message: Thank you wings, very cool!
- Rope + Wings: Attaching the rope to the wings, Henry and Ellie grab the ends of the rope to escape to the rocket.
A helicopter knocks the rope over, and Henry and Ellie land inside the launch tower in the process. Konrad Bukowski and Calvin Bukowski jump after them from the helicopter and capture Ellie while Henry sneaks away. To save Ellie, Henry can use:
- Disguise Kit (fail): Henry attempts to disguise himself as The Commander, but Henry has just a paper mask of him and greets the soldiers by saying "Hey, brother!", which results in them easily noticing him. Fail message: Oh that's very convincing.
- CorrupTick (fail): Henry unleashes the said item, but it "bites" the game, corrupting it. We supposedly return to the beginning of the game. But once it opens, the game starts glitching and it acts weird all throughout, such as T-poses, and graphical glitches. It all culminates with a guard saying gibberish phrases. It also says 'Fission Mailed'. "Mail" message: I... Uh... I think something went wrong.
- Time Machine: Henry travels 2 years into the past and disrupts the Bukowski twins' attempt to enlist in the military by throwing a rock at them, starting a fight. The two are dismissed. Since they never joined the army now, they are no longer there to stop Henry and Ellie in the tower when Henry returns to the present.
Henry and Ellie climb up to the top of the launch deck, but a Wall guard sees them and informs a tank driver. The tank shoots a missile on the bridge, and a part of it collapses. Henry is about to fall in the process, but there's still time to catch him. Henry and Ellie can use:
- Timeout (fail): As expected, Henry dies from his fall. Fail message: Dang! He ain't gonna be in Henry 7!
- Grapple (fail): Ellie tries to use a grapple hook on him, but Henry is suddenly stuck on the exterior of the launch deck with the hook pinned to his hand, and he screams from the pain. Fail message: Henry will remember that.
- Catch (fail): Henry catches Ellie's hand but his weight pulls the two downward, dying from their fall. Fail message: Fatso.
- Block: Henry lands on a hidden music block and jumps up to the bridge normally.
Henry and Ellie reach the rocket, and they encounter Reginald Copperbottom and the Right Hand Man. Reginald recognizes Henry as the man who stole the Romanian Ruby from them, but also acknowledges the two outlaws' skills. He then allows Henry and Ellie to join if Henry returns the ruby. Then Dmitri and Grigori show up to demand Henry and Ellie to surrender. And to top it off, Charles Calvin arrives with his helicopter, sees Henry, and asks him to help take out the Toppats.
Now caught between three factions, Henry and Ellie can choose to side with:
- The Government: See "Pardoned Pals."
- The Wall (fail): The duo decide to surrender to Dmitri and Grigori to bring them back at The Wall. In there, Henry and Ellie are frozen in ice, as an extreme measure to prevent any future incident at the complex. Fail message: If you can't leave 'em, join 'em.
- None (fail): The two jump off the rocket and they hang on to it using a knife. The rocket launches into space, but Henry and Ellie are unable to breathe in space. Fail message: Normally you want to be INSIDE the rocket when it goes to space.
- The Toppat Clan: Henry and Ellie signal to the Toppat leaders, who toss them AK-47s, allowing them to kill Grigori and heavily wound Dmitri. The Right Hand Man uses his pistol to damage Charles' helicopter rotors, forcing him to retreat. Grigori is killed by the gunfire, but Dmitri is only wounded, still appearing alive with one eye open.
While the rocket is launching into space, The Right Hand Man and Reginald vacate the area, while Dmitri regains his strength, giving him an opportunity to attack the two, and lunges at Ellie, knocking her out. Furious about his ruined reputation due to Henry's involvement with the riot back at The Wall, Dmitri attempts to kill Henry once and for all. Throwing a punch, Dmitri misses, creating an opening that allows Henry to throw him off the rocket and to his death.
The rocket completes its journey into space. Henry and Ellie are officially recruited into the Toppat Clan on the promise of returning the Romanian Ruby. During the recruitment ceremony, some Toppats display a grudge towards the two while some Toppats such as Fredrick Muenster and Sven Svensson show acceptance towards the duo.
- Henry Stickmin
- Ellie Rose
- Dmitri Johannes Petrov
- Grigori Olyat
- Charles Calvin
- Reginald Copperbottom
- Right Hand Man
- Matteo Gurtchev
- Ten Pence
- Mr. Angery
- Dima Pentsky
- Dolan Torkov
- Todd Tater
- Bill Cook
- Konrad Bukowski
- Calvin Bukowski
- Bob Pants
- Paul Penn
- Ivan Petroteva
- Thomas Chestershire
- Sven Svensson
- Carol Cross
- Floyd Winters
- Mr. Macbeth
- Mr. Jobb
- Chip Crumm
- Fredrick Muenster
- The Leprechaun
- Unknown CtM Toppats
Italics indicate they only appear in this pathway, as well as its auxiliary ending, "Pardoned Pals." Note that the many Unknown Toppats in the credits scene only appear in This ending.
- The fail message of the Catch choice alludes back to the fail messages for the Left option from the "Sneaky Escapist" ending of Escaping the Prison and the Balance option from the "Ghost Inmate" ending of Fleeing the Complex about having a similar thing for Henry being fat.
- It is the only scenario where personnel from The Wall are in Completing the Mission.
- The purple and black texture during CorrupTick is a reference to the famous Garry's Mod (and many other games) missing texture (Mostly due to missing CSS texture content).
- The controller in the first set of options is the controller used for the Nintendo 64.
- The Block option is a reference to the Note Block (A.K.A. the Jump Block and/or the Music Block) from the Super Mario series.
- The Disguise Kit option is a reference to Team Fortress 2 (where it's also known as the Spytron 3000 Disguise Kit), where the Spy uses it to disguise as any class from either team.
- The Grapple option's fail message ("Henry will remember that.") is a callback to Fleeing the Complex, where the "Ghost Inmate" route involves Henry abandoning Ellie after she helped him escape, prompting the text "Ellie will remember that" to appear. It is also a reference to Telltale Games's choose-your-own-adventure games.
- Toppat Recruits and Pardoned Pals are the only "Pure Blooded Thief" routes where Henry does not steal anything.
- This is the only ending that contains the word "Toppat" that does not take place after RPE.
- The "Fission Mailed"/CorrupTick game over screen is a reference to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, where there is a game over screen with the same text.
- During the final option, the correct choices are The Government and The Toppat Clan. This may be a callback to the Phone a Friend option in Fleeing the Complex, where these two choices were present, leading to a government ending and a Toppat ending.
- When Dmitri punches Ellie onto the floor, if you slow down the video a little bit, you can see that her arms disappear for a brief second.
- Out of the small amount of Toppats who makes a cameo during Henry and Ellie's Recruit Ceremony, the only ones who are clickable for a bio are Sven Svensson, Thomas Chestershire, Mr. Macbeth, Carol Cross, Floyd Winters and Poppedtop.
- This is the only Completing the Mission ending where Reginald remains as leader of the Toppat Clan, as in all other routes, he either dies, gets arrested, or gets replaced with a new leader.
- This is one of the 2 endings of the only two forks in Completing the Mission.
|🎧 "Ellie's Theme"||Ockeroid||First half of the opening theme.|
|🎧 "End of the Road"||Ockeroid||Second half of the opening theme.|
|🎧 "The New Recruits"||Ockeroid||Ending theme.|
Toppat King • Cleaned 'em Out • Stickmin Space Resort • Little Nest Egg • Special BROvert Ops • Master Bounty Hunter • Jewel Baron • Valiant Hero • Free Man • Revenged • Toppat Civil Warfare • Pardoned Pals • Toppat Recruits • Capital Gains • Toppat 4 Life • Triple Threat
Secret: Multiverse Correction