Triple Threat is one of the sixteen endings in Completing the Mission.
It involves Henry & Ellie teaming up with Charles to stop the rocket from launching.
Having fled from The Wall, Henry and Ellie wait for Charles Calvin to pick them up as Henry retells his partnership with him to her. The helicopter arrives, and Charles welcomes them aboard, becoming quick friends with Ellie as well. Then he mentions that General Galeforce sanctioned this rescue and in exchange requests Henry's help again. As Charles fulfills their getaway, the two agree to help.
Charles briefs them while in the air - The Toppat Clan plans to launch a rocket into orbit around Earth, which would jeopardize global security and they are essentially unstoppable from there. He is optimistic about the mission, as he and Henry worked well in the past and Henry has a new friend to their assistance.
Arriving at the Toppat Launch Site, Henry and Ellie prepare to disembark from the helicopter, as Charles claims that the SAM prevents him from closing in.
- [X] Parking Lot via Parachute: Henry and Ellie parachute down into the parking lot and come in hot under fire by Barry Bruh. Ellie is shot while Henry searches under a parked car for a weapon, but only finds an ammunition box and scope to which Barry catches him. (MSG: No guns. Of course...)
- [X] Tower via Parasol: Henry and Ellie use parasols to land on the aircraft tower. A Toppat clan member named Byeah #503 notices them and radios a comrade. For only a moment, the comrade builds a quick watchtower and shoots Henry and Ellie. (MSG: Outplayed.)
- [X] Rocket via Wings: Henry and Ellie fly down with wings on their arms to swoop into the rocket, but they fly into the rocket itself and fall off, landing unceremoniously on the ground. This is a reference to the Birdman bonus mode of Pilotwings 64. (MSG: What a graceful landing.)
- Turret via Jetpack: Henry and Ellie fly down in a rocket pod and crash into a SAM turret, destroying it in the process.
Once they land, Charles closes in, and urges Henry and Ellie to get moving right away, as rocket pilot of new Toppat Leader Sven Svensson, makes an announcement that the rocket will launch very soon. This creates a unique choice screen where there are five choices overall, but the player can only see and use three at the time. One has to use the Swap option to switch between Ellie and Henry in order to see all available options.
- [X] Throw: Ellie picks up Henry and spins him around before releasing him, though he doesn't make it far before falling to his death. (MSG: So long-eh, Henry!)
- [X] Climb Down and Run: Henry and Ellie climb down the building with a rope and run up the rocket gangplank, much to Charles' confusion. Underestimating the actual length of the ramp, they both collapse in exhaustion long before reaching the door at the top. (MSG: Only 20 more minutes until you’re almost halfway there!)
- [X] Build: Henry uses minecraft-themed blocks to build a path for him and Ellie to follow. However, at some point, Henry runs out of dirt blocks, steps off, and dies from fall damage, leaving behind his shoes, a stick, and some cooked beef. (MSG: You died!)
- Barrel: Henry places a barrel with an explosion mark on it, jumps in with Ellie, and they fire into the sky, collecting bananas and hitting other barrels that launch them upwards. This is a direct reference to the Donkey Kong Country series of games.
Each time the Swap button is pushed, they sound like monkeys. If the player selects the Swap option repeatedly six times, Charles will radio in and comment that it looks fun but that they're on a strict time limit. The player will earn the "This is Fun!" medal.
After getting shot out of the last barrel, Charles swoops in to help Ellie and Henry with his helicopter. He can:
- [X] Timeout: If no option is chosen in time, Henry and Ellie slam into the helicopter and fall to their deaths. (MSG: He came outta nowhere!)
- [X] Net: Charles shoots Henry and Ellie with a net that plasters them to the cafeteria window of the rocket. (MSG: That's a net loss for you two.)
- [X] Hand: Charles high-fives both Henry and Ellie but fails to grab them. (MSG: High Five, bro!)
- Cannon: Charles catches the two with a mounted cannon.
Flying toward the rocket, Charles fires the weapon. Henry and Ellie were smashed into the rocket’s cafeteria but soon find themselves facing a massive contingent of Toppat clan members. They can:
- [X] Downgrader: Henry pushes a button, and the world immediately reverts to a very low-budget animation with crude stick drawings. Wallace Dagwood and The Toppats, with their guns rendered unusable, knock Henry down and demand him to change the world back, but the downgrader is also non-functional after its initial use. Furious, Wallace, Fredrick Muenster, The Ruffian, and another Toppat (presumably either Carol Cross or The Bookie) proceed to beat them to death. (MSG: I guess the budget ran out.)
- [X] Fusion: Henry and Ellie fuse into, a powerful entity with Ellie's tenacity and Henry's luck. Ellry asks if there is anyone in the cafeteria who will challenge them. As the Toppat members cower in fear, Kabbitz steps in and taunts them before engaging in a rushing battle. Eventually, Kabbitz overpowers Ellry and sends them flying through the window, before Ellry splits back into their original counterparts. (MSG: Normally this goes on for another 3 hours.)
- Diversion: Blasting trap music, Henry and Ellie start dancing. The music and their moves create a contagious atmosphere of dance and soon after, the entire Toppat contingent joins in. Many Toppats perform dances taken from or inspired by popular culture. Under the cover of the entire cafeteria dancing, Henry and Ellie make their exit.
After getting through the cafeteria, Henry and Ellie find a ladder to take them through the rocket. However, the rocket begins to lift off. Henry and Ellie have to stop it before it gets into orbit. They can use:
- [X] Ellie's Plan: The group goes along with Ellie's Plan, which involves her and Henry overloading the reactor in the engine room and causing an explosion, after which Charles will provide the group with an exit outside of the auxiliary exhaust by the "forward left booster". After sabotaging the rocket, the group fails to locate each other as they canot convey their positions, and the explosion kills Henry and Ellie. (MSG: Forward Left… Your left or mine?)
- [X] Charles' Plan: Charles' plan of crashing his helicopter into the rocket is disputed by Ellie, questioning its practicality and effectiveness. After a series of clarifications, Henry agrees to go along with Charles' plan, outvoting Ellie. However, because the group wasted too much time debating about Charles' plan, the rocket is already out of Charles' range. (MSG: It would've been amazing, Charles.)
- Henry's Plan: The group goes along with Henry's plan: he and Ellie breach the cockpit, subdue Sven, and reprogram the rocket to an alternate course. With the rocket redirected from the course to outer space, Henry and Ellie bail from the rocket. With Charles helping to break their descent with his helicopter, the mission is complete.
As Charles inquires Henry on the rocket's location, it lands at The Wall, leading to the presumed arrest of everyone on board. Ellie reveals that she enjoyed the adventurous aspect of the mission and informs Charles that she and Henry are open to embarking on more missions together-- all he needs to do is call them.
- Henry Stickmin
- Ellie Rose
- Charles Calvin
- General Hubert Galeforce (only shown in a small flashback)
- Barry Bruh
- Byeah #503
- Fredrick Muenster
- Wallace Dagwood
- Mr. Skyscraper
- The Ruffian
- Marty O.
- Louie G.
- Carol Cross
- Mr. Macbeth
- The Leprechaun
- Al the Pal
- Smooshed Sammy
- Red Crimson
- Cool Joe
- The Bookie
- The Witch
- Darius Johnsonite
- Hannibal Burns
- Unknown Toppats
- Orange Hat Kid
- Toby Mack
- Pasta Primavera
- Figaro Mulligatawny
- Parmezza Lasagne
- Konkey Dong
- Jonathan Bravo
- Hat Girl
- Mr. Unstoppable
- Sleepy Dogg
- Tommy Partridge
- The Magician
- Sal Malone
- Sven Svensson
Italics indicate they only appear in this pathway.
Underlined indicate they only appear in fails.
- This ending starts a short time after Fleeing the Complex, but concludes 3 days afterwards.
- Charles breaks the 4th wall in this path after saying "Completing the Mission" in a dramatic way.
- This ending, along with as Cleaned 'em Out and Special BROvert Ops is completely pacifist, meaning it is not possible to kill anyone in the ending.
- During the Cannon option, when Henry and Ellie smash into the glass window, it it shown as a circle from the outside. However, when they break into the orbital station, it appears as if the bottom of the window is completely flat. It then shows the window as a circle again as they confront the Toppats. This is likely a continuity error.
|🎧||"Meeting of Allies"||Ockeroid||Opening theme.|
|🎧||"Flight Results"||PuffballsUnited||Played during the "Rocket via Wings" fail.|
|🎧||"Dance Mr. Funnybones (Trap Mix)"||PuffballsUnited||Played during the "Diversion" scenario.|
|🎧||"Scouter Level"||Ockeroid||Played during the "Fusion" fail.|
|🎧||"Henry's Plan"||Ockeroid||Ending theme.|
Toppat King • Cleaned 'em Out • Stickmin Space Resort • Little Nest Egg • Special BROvert Ops • Master Bounty Hunter • Jewel Baron • Valiant Hero • Free Man • Revenged • Toppat Civil Warfare • Pardoned Pals • Toppat Recruits • Capital Gains • Toppat 4 Life • Triple Threat
Secret: Multiverse Correction