I think we should throw it in the back...just to be safe?
|― Winston Davis after seeing the disguising bag|
Winston Davis is a former bank truck driver, now a member of the Toppat Clan and a major antagonist for the first half of the Henry Stickmin series who appeared as a major character in Breaking the Bank, a major antagonist in Escaping the Prison and a minor antagonist in Infiltrating the Airship.
- Breaking the Bank: He always rides shotgun in the bank truck. He prefers looking at the scenery, rather than focusing on the road.
- Escaping the Prison: He's been deposed due to his involvement in The Bank's break in. Either way, he won't be going back to his old job anytime soon.
- Infiltrating the Airship: Lost his truck driving job due to multiple investigations after a stowaway was found inside The Bank.
In Breaking the Bank, he appears as a major character in "The Story Begins" and the one who suggested throwing the bag Henry Stickmin was in to the back of the truck. In Escaping the Prison, he appears as the secondary antagonist of "Lawyered Up" and an unseen character in every other route.
In Infiltrating the Airship, he appears as a minor antagonist in the "Government Supported Private Investigator" ending.
He has a big brown mustache with a hat (usually having a blue bank security hat with a gold badge on it). The color of his shoes is not shown, however, in the Legacy version of Infiltrating the Airship, he is shown wearing a basic grey top hat.
In the remastered version of Infiltrating the Airship, he wears a blue top hat with a gold badge that has an S on it, referencing his previous hats.
Breaking the Bank
Winston was riding in the money transfer truck throughout the desert with Ted McAdams while Henry was hiding inside a money bag. Being none the wiser, Winston and Ted decided to load the bag, perceiving it as lost bank cash. Afterwards, the truck arrives at the bank and Henry is thrown inside the vault.
Escaping the Prison
During the trial, Winston had to come as a witness because he was the guy who convinced Ted to put Henry's bag in the truck during Henry's attempt to break into the bank. He told the judge everything that happened that day with all the details, telling about him not knowing the person that was in the money bag, him and his partner spotting the bag and telling Ted to throw the bag, just to be safe.
Felix White (Henry's lawyer), however, refuses to believe this, as the knot was tied from the outside, supposedly impossible for Henry. White concluded that Winston had attempted to kidnap Henry, threw him inside the bag, battered him, tied it, then used his position as a truck driver to dispose Henry inside the vault; and when Henry survived, Winston attempted to frame him for robbery.
Winston responds with "You guys can't... He can't... This... THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" before being arrested and sent to prison for 'kidnapping, assault and fraud' (as showed in the military files on Infiltrating the Airship) while Henry became a free man.
PuffballsUnited confirmed, however, that Winston still had a trial in all other endings, and he was framed for nonexistent crimes.
Infiltrating the Airship
Winston later joined the Toppats after leaving confinement.
In the GSPI pathway, when Henry walks in on a meeting with Toppat Clan members, one can be revealed as Winston Davis sitting in a chair. When Henry disguises himself (Disguise choice), Winston almost recognizes Henry, as knowing him before. However, he decides to drop his suspicion after Henry enters in an escape pod (after Slice's quotes). When the Toppats ask him about his opinion about putting a solid gold cannon on the airship (Glue choice), he responds with "Well, I'm still kinda new here so I'm not really sure what to say".
As the airship division's members were arrested, Winston Davis was also presumably incarcerated.
- "I think we should throw it in the back... just to be safe?"
- "Okay. I was riding alongside with the partner in the armored van, but suddenly.... spotted a bag on the side of the road. We got out and eventually decided to throw the bag in with the others. We didn't know there was someone hidin' in there!"
- "You guys can't... He can't... This... THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"
- "Well, I'm still kinda new here so I'm not really sure what to say."
- The military scripts and evidence files in Infiltrating the Airship revealed his name, age (41), weight (82kg/181 lbs), and crimes (kidnapping, assault and fraud).
- He is often mistaken to be in Fleeing the Complex, due to a prisoner called "Wild Willie" looking similar to him.
- He is the second member of the Toppat Clan to appear, though he was not allied with them initially..
- During Infiltrating the Airship, Winston seems to almost recognize Henry during the "Disguise" option, as he has seen Henry before.
- However, if this assumption is true, then the Lawyered Up ending is either canon, or Winston became aware of Henry's appearance in all other routes where he was implied to have been tried and found guilty.
- Winston's mustache is slightly different in the remaster of Breaking the Bank than in his other appearances, being longer and lacking lines.
- He is the 4th supporting character with the most appearances in games, with the 1st being Dave Panpa, 2nd being Rupert Price and the 3rd being Ted McAdams.
- Due to their similar looking-hats, Ted and Winston have been mistaken for law enforcement personnel, despite the fact that they only work as bank guards and drivers.